Malaysia is ranked 4th with south East-Asia and 38th globally. Malaysia is a preferable place to start a business because of its continuous growth and stability in its economy. Any type of industry can be started in Malaysia because of their open economy.
The country welcomes new industries in their economy warmly. The country has no restrictions to only start a specific sector in the economy. Malaysia is open to all type of sectors which can develop and improvise the economy.
TYPES OF MALAYSIAN INDUSTRIES ARE LISTED AS FOLLOWS:
Engineering which also means the industry involving technical experts. The electronic industry is the top contributing industry in Malaysia. This industry has an account of 32.8% of the total exports. The total work force is 27.2%. This industry holds responsibility for technological equipment like mobile devices, optoelectronics and embedded technologies.
Engineering is a large sector. It includes various activities and production components for various items. Some of them are as follows;
- Conveyor vulcanizing
- Digital imaging
- High precision tools and doe maintenance
- Manufacturing systems designers
- Experts in steel treatment (melting and casting)
- Underwater welders
- Material technologist
- Instrument specialist for petrochemical industry
- Sensor technologist
- Wireless technologist
- Radio frequency designers
- Auto systems designers
- Offshore field operation
- Water fabrications
- Analogue Designers
- Microwave Designers
- Environmental renewable energy
- Wood technologies
- Technical specialists – wood
- Framework – wood
- Design cutting specialists – wood
- Designers – wood
- Craftsman – wood
- Engraving – wood
Some of these industries have been existed for a very longer time. Where some of them have been there before the colonization of British empire. And most of then in the 1980’s and 1990’s.
Malaysia has known for its best construction value where their buildings had huge value. Overall this industry is the most important industry in Malaysia and it is ranked the top industry in the country.
Malaysia is famous for its industrial sector. Malaysia is one of the best medical facilities in the world. They contribute hospital facilities in the best way possible.
Malaysia provides good hospitality services. The services not only include hospital machinery and equipment. But they also provide good medical food services and pharmaceuticals.
- Non-metallic mineral industry
- Medical services
- Food processing
- Basic metal products
- Wood and wood products and furniture and fixtures
GEOSCIENCES AND GEOPHYSICAL DISCIPLINES:
The geology in Malaysia is present to promote the science, profession and education of the country. It is present to gain extensive knowledge about the country and South East Asia.
Geology function is done through studies. It is done by publishing journal and communications, organize field trips, seminars, short courses and technical speeches.
TEXTILES AND MINERALS INDUSTRY:
This industry is Malaysian 11th largest export earner. The approximate exports are RM15.3 billion (1.6%). This industry is one of the best contributing factors for the country’s economy. The Malaysia’s textile products have a higher value-added product and improving efficiency by automation.
These industries provide various employment opportunities where the opportunities include engineers, quality controllers and highly skilled technicians:
- Dye technologists
- Dyeing technicians
- Craft specialists
- Design specialists
- Jewelry designers
- Teachers and trainers for jewelry production
- Embroidery specialists
- Apparel specialist
- Fabric Specialists
- Cutting specialists
Food industry is the industry relevant to Biotechnology. In Malaysia food activities include with the value-added activities utilizing agriculture and horticulture products. All types of food product include in the food processing activities.
There are more than 8,000 establishments in this sector. Foreign and local products are both active in the industry. The industries include as follows;
- Product specialist
- Flavoring specialist
- Food tasters
- Tea tasters
- Disease control
- Biotechnology analyst
- Food technologists
- Nutrient technologists
- Genetic engineering specialists
Read Alos: Food company in Malaysia
INDUSTRIES NOT ALLOWED IN MALAYSIA:
Industries in Malaysia which are not allowed in distributive and retail sectors:
- Mini market
- Provision shop
- Furnitures and fittings
- Photo frames shop
- Textiles and clothing
- Computer accessories
- Hair salon
- Laundry shop
- Small and non-exclusive restaurant
- Prepaid card business
- Cyber café
- Car glass and aluminium workshop
- Herbal product business
- Spa-only for shareholders and spa in hotels
- Restaurants, bistro and café (allowed only for shareholders)
- Cleaning and maintenance
- Massage parlour
POSITION NOT ALLOWED IN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY:
- Electrical charge man
- Electrical Wire man
- Telephone and telegraph fixing
- Fixing air conditioner
- Lift and escalator installation
- Excavator operation
- Shovel operator
OTHER POSITIONS IN INDUSTRIES NOT ALLOWED:
- All timber factories and positions
- Machinery specialist in furniture factory
- Most jobs in forest mills
- All manger positions (managers are allowed only for trainer and sport consultant)
KEY POINTS OF INDUSTRIES IN MALAYSIA:
- The country has various successful industries
- Their main industries involve in engineering and technical sectors
- Most of their industries are the top activities in the world
- There are some industries which are not allowed to function in the country
- There are also some countries who are not allowed to start any industries in Malaysia.
- The country comprises of skilled people in their sector
- Malaysian Government encourages most of the countries around the world to start new industry or business in the country.
- Malaysia is a good country of development.
FAQ – QUESTIONNAIRE:
What is the top industry in Malaysia?
Electronic, automotive and constructions are the top and leading industries of the country.
Which is the least industrial function in Malaysia?
The industry which is related to wood and electrical fixation is not very much considered in Malaysia.
Does Malaysia allow foreign countries to establish a new industry?
Yes! Malaysian Government encourages foreigners to start a new industry in the country.