The Long-Term Social Visit Pass in Malaysia (LTSVP) is a visit pass issued for a foreigner when they need to stay a short period of time in the country for less than 6 months. The validity of increasing the number of stay period can be extended according to the conditions done. The applicant spouse can be given the LTSVP for a duration of 5 years in a condition where they need to be obliged to the conditions given.
As for this visit pass, a foreigner can be involved in doing any work which is paid in the country, they can also start a business during the stay and also start a professional occupation where it will not be necessary to change the visiting visa to an employment visa or visitors pass which is for temporary employment.
THE SERVICES PROVIDED FOR LONG-TERM SOCIAL VISIT PASS IN MALAYSIA (LTSVP):
- Entry Permit
- Certification of Identity
- Foreign Worker
- Foreign Domestic Helper (FDH)
- Pass for Visiting
- Special Program
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC)
- Passport and Visa
- Entry Requirement into Malaysia
- Terms of Departure from Malaysia
- Travel Document
- Border Pass
- Free Flow Facility
APPLYING FOR LONG-TERM SOCIAL VISIT PASS IN MALAYSIA (LTSVP):
- An applicant who is married to Malaysian can apply for a LTSVP which has numerous times of entries within 5 years
- There are various reports where each one of them are different and not similar about the duration period of acceptance in the initial application.
- Mostly it takes around 1 year to complete the initial stage for renewing the pass for a period of 5 years. But it can also take 6 months for the initial application to complete. Therefore, according to the immigration office is it stated that it depends on the country’s passport due to which the duration period of renewal can vary.
- If a foreigner holds the LTSVP it will not be necessary for them to convert their visa if they want to work in the country.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR LONG-TERM SOCIAL VISIT PASS IN MALAYSIA (LTSVP):
- The application process of LTSVP is a straightforward procedure with numerous conflicts which includes various features as per the immigration website is shown as per the immigration office.
- The applicant should go to the immigration office to collect the checklist and forms. The office timing in each places of Malaysia differs and accordingly there should be
- Both the applicant which includes the Malaysian spouse needs to go together to Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN).
- Later the applicant needs to complete all the other forms which include form of Immigration 55 which is required for the application. All together the remaining documents and supporting information.
- Applicant and their Malaysian spouse need to got to immigration will the documents which is required to be submitted. A ticket will be given for the applicants turn and once when it’s the applicants turn the forms will be asked by the officer. After 1 hour the officer will call the applicant back to confirm the print out and will ask the applicant to return to the office in a certain date. Mostly it takes around 2 weeks.
- It will not be necessary for the Malaysian spouse to come again
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR LONG-TERM SOCIAL VISIT PASS IN MALAYSIA (LTSVP):
- Confirmation Printout
- Funds in Cash which can be approximately up to RM 1,500 plus RM 90 for 1-year pass
- The amount should be collected only in Bank Islam ATM in the building
- Bond receipt copy
The bond is refundable if the applicant would like to leave the country but it is suggested for them to keep the original receipt safely.
What is LTSVP?
It means Long Term Social Visit Pass where a foreigner who lives in Malaysia and is married to a Malaysian spouse can apply for this long-term pass. It is also called as Spouse Visa.
How long is LTSVP valid?
The pass is valid for 5 years
Does the foreigner get automatically Malaysian citizen if he gets married to a Malaysian citizen?
It can be a No or a Yes, it depends on the destination where the foreigner wants to settle and also the background of his or hers.
How long does it take to approve the pass?
Depending on a person country it takes around 6 months to 1 year
What is the amount of funds required to apply LTSVP?
Funds in Cash is approximately up to RM 1,500 plus RM 90 for 1-year pass totally RM 1,590.