According to the rules of the Company Commission of Malaysia, every company needs to appoint a company secretary for setting up a business in Malaysia. In Malaysia S & F Consulting provides a full range of company secretary service. These are the basic requirements of becoming a company secretary –
- The company secretary must be at least 18 years old.
- As a rule of the Comapy commission of Malaysia, the company secretary must be Malaysian and must have a permanent resident in the country.
- Company sectary must be a member of any professional body that is prescribed by the Minister of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs.
The company secretary is mainly appointed for company registration purpose. When any business entrepreneurs want to establish a business or company in Malaysia, he or she needs to deal with the requirement of SSM. Furthermore, the verified company secretary needs to deal with all the documents that are required to register the company with SSM
Role of the Company Secretary in Malaysia
Company secretary needs to play their roles in three main areas – to the board, to the company, and the shareholders. Within each area the roles of the secretary may vary. In general, the roles of a company secretary are listed below–
- Must ensure that the procedure for the appointment employee is carried out in a proper manner.
- Should be available to provide necessary support and guidance to the directors of the company.
- Company secretary needs to collect information from all board members and committees so that they can make the best use of their ability to hold board meetings or discussions.
- The secretary of the company must communicate with the shareholders of the company and give proper respect to their interest.
Core Duties of Company Secretary in Malaysia
The obligations listed below include both legal obligations and those resulting from best practices. Besides, the secretary can use his ingenuity to ensure that all essential obligations are met. The list below shows the core duties of the company secretary in Malaysia.
- Facilitating the smooth operation of the company’s formal decision making
- Organizing board and board committees’ meetings and formulating meeting agendas with the Managing Director of the company.
- Collect and prepare necessary documents requires for meeting.
- Ensuring that an annual general meeting is held in accordance with the requirements of the Companies Act.
- Trying to prepare directors for any questions to the shareholders and help them to create information materials
- Ensure that the company complies with its memorandum (MoA) and Article of Association (AoA).
Qualification to Act as Company Secretary
No person might act as a corporation secretary unless he/she is a member of a professional body or is authorized to act as a corporate secretary by the Company Commission of Malaysia. Here is the list of prescribed bodies:
- The Malaysian Association of the Institute of chartered Secretaries.
- The Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
- The Malaysian Association of Certified Public Accountants.
Our Service | secretarial and company registration in Malaysia
We provide both company secretarial and company registration service in Malaysia for the foreigner, contact for any inquiry related to company registration or secretarial service. It is our duty and responsibility to advise and guide you with all the necessary information required to register yours in Malaysia. Our service includes–
- General consultation of compliance with the legislation.
- We can provide registered secretary for your company.
- We will help you to register the address for your company.
- Service anything related to company registration.
Here is our comprehensive Company secretarial services cowl the subsequent matters upon request: –
- Attendance of Annual General conferences.
- Attendance of Extraordinary General conferences.
- Change of administrators.
- Change of Shareholders.
- Paid capital or approved issued.
- Change of Auditor.
- Opening of multiple bank accounts.
- Company name change.
- Change of Company secretary and registered address.
- Change of Article of Association.
- Issue of Duplicate Share certificates and relevant company forms.
Besides, we also provides services like company registration, accounting, income tax, business advisory, and auditing service. We are recognized as one of the leading business consultancy firms in Malaysia. So, if you face any problems that fall among our services, don’t forget to contact us, we provide free business advisory service.
No Extra Charge If Enjoy Our Secretary Services. Only Pay Government Fees RM 150-200.
We Charge Secretary Fees in RM 1000 for 12 Months And No Additional Charges Are Claimed During Period for AGM, Return, Share Transfer Etc. Government Fee is Apart From Secretary Fee.
Yes, Can. You can Change Company Secretary Any Time But It’s Need Signature from Present Secretary.
You Will Receive Gift Letter of Penalty (Amount 5000 above) from SSM On Conditions.