About Malaysian work permit: In Malaysia an employee’s work permit is to be applied by the employer of Malaysia. It takes a long time to apply for a work permit in Malaysia. In Malaysia it usually takes a lot of time to fully grant the work visa for an applicant.
It is recommended for employees to be patient if they are willing to work in Malaysia. since the Malaysian law is strict when it comes to their rules and regulations, it is advised for the employees to first receive their work permit and then start working in Malaysia.
If an employee starts working in Malaysia without receiving the work permit, then it is considered to be illegal. Thus, being patient is a good solution for the candidate so that they can start working without a problem after receiving the work permit in Malaysia.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
The following points are according to the Malaysian Immigration Act;
- If an applicant does not listen to the orders then he/ she is to be fined RM 10,000 or they are imprisoned for five years or lesser.
- It is required for a foreigner to have a valid passport or a document which is internationally considered for travel. The travel document must be at least valid for 6 months after the date of entry in Malaysia.
- A foreign employee cannot work in a Malaysian company without their work permit.
- The minimum stay limit of a foreign employee is not more than 90 day. It is recommended for the employees to apply for a proper work permit according to the work duration.
ELIGIBILITY OF EMPLOYEES TO WORK IN MALAYSIA:
- You need to have a passport where the minimum validity has to be 18 months
- The eligibility age has to be from 23 to 27. Even attaining the legal age 18 can be permitted depending on the type of work.
- Educational qualification is required according to the work applied. Education qualifications such as transcript and certificate
- No illegal records. Especially it is required to not to have a record of bankruptcy
DOCUMENTATION FROM EMPLOYEES:
Some of the documents to be submitted by the employees are to be submitted to the employers. It is to be submitted to them so that they can proceed with the work permit process for the employee. The documentations to be submitted are as follows;
- Birth certificate
- National identity card (NIC)
- Educational qualifications’
- Address proof such as water, electricity, gas and telephone bill
- Appointment letter from the company
- Family details
- 2 Passport size color photos
- Work proof documents (appointment and service letter)
- Financial statement
- Proof of no criminal or illegal records
- Health certificate
All these certificates are to be given to the employers so that they can exhibit to the work permit office in Malaysia. Accordingly, they will proceed with the application form of an employee.
TYPES OF WORK PASSES IN MALAYSIA:
The type of work visa depends on the work applied and positioned in a company. they following types of passes are;
- This pass is issued to the applicant when they are employees under a specific skill.
- This pass is mostly for technical and managerial jobs.
- The minimum period is usually for 2 years.
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT PASS:
- This is a temporary pass which is issued for less than 2 years.
- It is issued for jobs where the monthly salary is less than RM 5,000.
PROFESSIONAL VISIT PASS:
- The professional pass is issued for foreign members who are already employed in a company back at home. But then they are provided to work in Malaysia for few months.
- The validity of this pass is up to 6 months.
RESIDENCE PASS TALENT:
- This pass is a 10-year pass which can be a renewable pass.
- This pass is issued directly by the TalentCorp Malaysia and MID for highly qualified foreigners. The foreign employee can continue to reside and work in Malaysia because of their best performance.
- The applicant needs to at least have a 3-years work experience from their own home country.
- They need to have the employment pass (EP) while applying for residence pass
- Minimum salary per month to be received around RM15,000 in Malaysia
- As per the Malaysian income tax the payment of income tax has to be at least for 2 years
- The applicant needs to have a proper qualification from a recognized university. Some of the valid qualifications are PhD, Masters, Bachelors and Diploma.
- At least 5 years of professional experience is needed to receive this pass.
KEY POINTS OF MALAYSIAN WORK PERMIT:
- The work permit process in Malaysia takes a long time. It is required to be patient while applying the work visa
- It is recommended for an applicant to work in Malaysia only after they receive their work visa
- It is the responsibility of an employer to apply and process the work visa of an employee.
- The age, education and experience depend on the skill and pass selected
- An employee has to receive their appointment letter from the Malaysian employer in order to start the work permit application process.
How long does it take to receive the work permit in Malaysia?
The minimum period to receive the Malaysian work permit is around 1 year.
Can the applicant come to Malaysia before receiving the work permit?
Yes, they can enter Malaysia but they cannot start working in Malaysia because they have not received the work permit.
Can the applicant proceed with the residential stay in Malaysia after the work visa in Malaysia?
Yes! Of course, they can through the Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T). This pass depends on the qualification and work standard of the employee. And if the employer would like to keep the employee for a longer time then the employer will help with the process of keeping the employee with them for a longer time.
Applying process for visa:
See more information about different types of Malaysian visa: