The companies commission Malaysia, commonly known as the SSM (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia), is the legislative body that governs and regulates all proceedings that involve business and companies in Malaysia. The SSM of Malaysia is a merging body that occurred as a result of the Registrar of Companies (ROC) and the Registrar of Businesses (ROB) fusing their departments and duties in Malaysia on April 16, 2002.
As of now, the Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM) is an officially recognized agency that operates as a subdivision of the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism and works to process and issues certificates for company incorporation and business registration. Moreover, they also work enforce regulations in order to make sure that businesses and corporations comply with all laws and legislations.
Here at S & F Consulting, as officially registered agents in Malaysia, we provide services for all the following procedures to be done on your behalf.
Currently, as of 2019, the SSM in Malaysia has the highest authoritative power over the following proceedings:
- Companies Act 1965
- Registration of Businesses Act 1956
- Trust Companies Act 1949
- Kootu Funds (Prohibition) Act 1971
- Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2012
- All legislations made under the acts listed above
The SSM currently offers all the following service and facilities to be done through their body:
- Company incorporation,
- Business Registration
- Registering for MyCoID,
- Information and an online archive to request company information
- Forms for the following:
- Company incorporation
- Financial Information Form for Company Limited by Guarantee
- Form PNA.42- Application for approval of business name
- Form A- Registration of business
- Form A1- Application for renewal of business registration
- Form B- Registration of changes in business particulars
- Form C- Notice of termination of a registered business
- Guidelines for the following procedure:
- The also provide the fee calculation for the following processes:
- Businesses registrations
- Companies registration,
- Business updates/renewal
- Company updates/renewal
- Corporate and Business Information Data (CBID)
- Information for the Companies Commission of Malaysia Training Academy (COMTRAC)
- Legal Framework
- Physical facilities and technological support to conduct and host conferences
As all official proceedings in Malaysia are conducted in Bahasa Melayu, we at S & F Consulting are proud to say that as officially registered agents in Malaysia, we offer services to both act on your behalf for all proceedings as well as to translate and interpret anything you would need. If you’re ever in any doubt or are seeking further advice, do not hesitate to contact us at S & F Consulting, where one of our friendly customer service staff members will be more than happy to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all operations run by the SSM conducted in Bahasa Melayu?
Yes, as Bahasa Melayu is the official language of Malaysia, all operations and proceedings are conducted in BM, as such it is best to employ an agent well versed in the language in order to proceed smoothly.
Why should I choose S & F Consulting?
S & F Consulting services is a company registration consultant and we pride ourselves on being able to simplify the registration process for foreign nationals to set up their dream company in the country of their choice. Moreover, we are also officially registered agents, who are qualified to carry out tasks as middlemen on your behalf. Simply contact us with the details of your company and we will ensure the road to establishing it will be smooth and worry free!